Go to Departments and Program Offerings
Charles M. Carson, IV, Dean; Professor, Management
Jeremy P. Thornton, Associate Dean; Professor, Economics
Barbara H. Cartledge, Senior Assistant Dean; Assistant Professor, Business
The Brock School of Business was named in 2007 for long-time Samford trustee, banking pioneer, and entrepreneur Harry B. Brock, Jr. The School of Business is fully accredited by AACSB International.
The business school offers undergraduate programs of study leading to the bachelor of science in business administration (B.S.B.A.) with majors in accounting, economics, entrepreneurship, finance, management, and marketing. Concentrations in data analytics, professional sales, social entrepreneurship, and sports marketing are also available. Students in the University Fellows program can pursue the Brock Scholars major while students whose primary focus is not business can pursue a bachelor of arts (B.A.) in economics. Nonbusiness students may pursue minors in accounting, data analytics, economics, general business, marketing, and social entrepreneurship.
The business school also offers a special joint degree, leading to a B.S.B.A. in accounting initially, but ultimately to a master of accountancy (M.Acc.).
In addition, at the graduate level, students may earn the master of accountancy (M.Acc.) or the master of business administration (M.B.A.), the latter which has optional concentrations in data analytics, finance, and sports business.
The Samford University Brock School of Business delivers life-long business education to its constituents through quality teaching, meaningful scholarship, and servant relationships, imbued by its Christian commitment.
The Samford University Brock School of Business is a recognized leader and school of choice among institutions offering undergraduate and graduate business education informed by Christian principles.
- We affirm Samford University’s purpose and mission as our own in the development of business leaders.
- We believe that our Christian perspectives and commitments should permeate and integrate all of our organizational goals and activities.
- We consider learning to be an activity that never ceases, and that the life of the mind is a faithful and noble pursuit.
- We believe that service within organizations is a vocation in the sense that it is a calling that should be treated with great importance and utmost respect.
- We believe in the pursuit of excellence in all dimensions and activities.
- We value the creation of timely, relevant, participatory, and experiential learning environments that develop well-trained persons who add value and achieve fulfilling roles within their organizations, communities, and the global environment.
- We value research and scholarship that develops core competencies, serves society, and equips people and organizations to cope with change and meet challenges.
- We are blessed with and compelled by our tremendous resources to serve our community.
- We respect and value unique and diverse experiences and perspectives contributed by individuals learning and working in a collegial environment.
- We demand ethical behavior, integrity, caring concern, and stewardship from ourselves, our constituents, and the organizations we serve.
The Brock School of Business is accredited by AACSB International-the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (www.aacsb.edu) and by SACS-the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
Departments and Program Offerings